The 10th Annual Arizona Taco Festival sponsored by the City of Scottsdale is celebrating a decade of tacos by offering more taco amusement and milestone munchies, including more than 50 taco teams dishing out creative $3 steak, pork, seafood, veggie and even vegan tacos, as they compete for $10,000 and bragging rights in this esteemed taco competition.
The festival will commence on October 12 and 13, 2019 at its new, larger WestWorld of Scottsdale location. The taco playground will expand and take over 300 acres, featuring the fan-faves, plus a whole new line-up of taco-tainment during the two-day festival.
Here are a few festivities at the 10th Annual Arizona Taco Festival:
• Dance, Laugh and Cheer: Attendees will enjoy live music by local DJs and bands to get the party started and keep it going throughout the weekend. Hilarious contests will take place throughout both days on the main stage and playful festival commentary will elicit laughs while keeping guests up-to-date on the latest in taco talent and competition.
• Holy Hot Sauce: This expo tent will feature 100 hot sauces to sample, buy, and vote for the People’s Choice award. All hot sauces will be curated by Vic Clinco, the owner of the largest private collection of hot sauces in the world.
• Day of the Dead Wedding: For one lucky couple who gets hitched on the main stage Day of the Dead style and then celebrates with their wedding party in a private cabana.
• Tequila Expo: Guests will be able to sample from over 100 types of tequila and other agave-based spirits. Expo tickets are $20, hours are from 12 to 5 p.m.
• Technicolored Instagrammable Cooking Demo: hosted by AZFoodie
• VIP Cantina: An exclusive 10th Annual Arizona Taco Festival experience with private catering by Chef Michael DeMaria of M Culinary, full premium bar, ample lounge seating, games and entertainment. Tickets include $35 in food credit as well, to sample around the festival.
• Lead Up Events: Leading up to the big weekend, there will be boutique events to get the party started like Taco Loco Battle hosted by Chef Beau MacMillan, Margarita Wars with the Valley’s top mixologists, Taco 101 cooking demos at Williams-Sonoma Biltmore Fashion Park, Rock the Guac, WeWork WeFiesta a collaboration with WeWork, and Taste Tequila seminar.
• A solid line-up of over 50 taco vendors including Arizona’s top taquerias, taco food trucks, and taco titans will bring the best of the best tacos for $3 each.
• Hot Chili Pepper eating contest: five rounds of peppers including the world’s hottest peppers, Carolina Reaper and Trinidad Scorpion.
• Mucho Taco Eating contests where 10 strong stomached volunteers see how many tacos they can consume in a short amount of time.
The festival is open Saturday, October 12 and Sunday, October 13 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. One-day General Admission will begin at $10 per ticket in honor of the 10th anniversary for the first 2,019 ticket buyers and increase to $15 per ticket. Military members will receive half off their ticket. The VIP Cantina will offer chef curated food, private bars, entertainment, private bathrooms, seating for $135 per day. Tickets are only sold online on www.AZTacofestival.com and food and beverages cost extra. Arizona Taco Festival is a cashless event.
WestWorld of Scottsdale is located at 16601 N. Pima Road, Scottsdale, AZ. For an up-to-date lineup of 10-year anniversary festivities, restaurants, spirits and entertainment, visit www.AZTacoestival.com