Super Bowl 50 is less than a month away, and while the competing teams may not be set in stone just yet, the party planning is already underway. To ensure the game day menu is nothing short of a touchdown, top chefs from across the country have rounded up eight of their best dishes for the big game.
Chocolate Covered Football Strawberries
By Pastry Chef Brittani Szczecina, Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa
Yields 12 pieces
12 each fresh strawberries
1 package white chocolate
1 package dark chocolate
• In a microwave safe bowl melt dark chocolate
• Holding by the stem, dip strawberry in chocolate, shake off excess and place on parchment paper
• Let the chocolate pool onto the paper and then pick strawberry back up and place in new spot. This helps to avoid little “feet” to form. Continue with remaining strawberries and let harden.
• Melt the white chocolate. Fill a piping bag and cut a very small hole. Pipe a vertical line down the entire length of the strawberry. Let harden.
• Once hardened, pipe five horizontal lines to form the threading on the football and let dry.