By Chris Keeley
Phoenix Commercial Brokers
The Deer Valley Airpark commercial real estate market continues to flourish. Here are some of the new developments over the last few months:
• February 1, 2018: 28.81 acres on the Southeast corner of Happy Valley and 19th Avenue sold for $10,817,598 or $8.62 psf. 17.15 of those acres will be developed as a 200-unit multi family project. An additional 1+ acre of the 28+ acres resold with plans to build a Cobblestone Car Wash.
• Directly across Happy Valley Road at 17th Avenue, Red Hawk Development is well into the construction phase of a new retail development, HAPPY VALLEY CROSSROADS.
• On the NEC of Happy Valley and 19th Ave, Union Park at Norterra has begun Phase 1 of their 400 acre plan for 1,200 single family homes, recreational center, multi-family units, additional office space, hotel, school site and retail center.
• The City of Phoenix is completing their new Fire Station on the East side of I-17 and Jomax Road. It looks like a beautiful new Fire House that will serve the Deer Valley Airpark.
• The Bungalows on Jomax are located on I-17 just North of Jomax Road. This is a 100+single-family residential lease project. Construction has begun and is moving forward quickly. The 19 + acres just North of this site, where the holiday light show ‘Illumination’ was held, also just sold for a projected residential development as well.
• The new Discount Tire Store is now open at 23rd Avenue, just south of Happy Valley Road. The new Dollar Storage just to the south of Discount Tire is nearing completion.
• Two new hotels are under construction on Whispering Wind. The Holiday Inn Express is going up at 23rd Ave, and The Executive Residence is under construction at 21st Avenue.
• The new Today’s Patio Showroom is completed and open for business on 19th Avenue.
These are only some of the projects underway in Deer Valley Airpark. The future continues to look bright.