Get in on the camping fun with the Arizona State Parks and Trails award-winning Family Campout Program! Fall dates have been announced for the program that gives kids a break from electronics and introduces them to outdoor adventures.
The program is ideal for those new to camping but all are welcome to share in this weekend experience. Family Campouts may include fishing, archery, water activities, mountain biking, or hiking, depending on the date and park. Trained camp coordinators assist each camper with lessons on how to set up a tent, prepare food outside, build a fire, and work on a service project. The program fee is $90 for a family of up to four people. Additional family members are $5 each for up to six people. Sorry, children five and younger and pets cannot participate in this program.
Fall 2018 registration is now open! Visit AZStateParks.com/family-camp to register and for more information:
• September 15-16, 2018 – Cattail Cove State Park – Lake Havasu City
• September 22-23, 2018 – Slide Rock State Park – Sedona
• October 6-7, 2018 – Tonto Natural Bridge State Park – Payson
• October 13-14, 2018 – Fool Hollow Lake Recreation Area – Show Low
• October 27-28, 2018 – Kartchner Caverns State Park – Benson
• November 3-4, 2018 – Oracle State Park – Oracle
• December 1-2, 2018 – Lost Dutchman State Park – Apache Junction
Arizona State Parks and Trails’ Family Campout Program was the recipient of the 2015 Youth Enrichment Award from the Arizona Parks and Recreation Association and recipient of the Tourism Spirit of Service Award at the 2016 Arizona Governor’s Conference on Tourism.
For information about all 35 Arizona State Parks and Natural Areas, the Trails and Off-Highway Vehicle Programs and State Historic Preservation Office call 1-877-MY-PARKS or visitAZStateParks.com.