In June, students will be enjoying their much-deserved vacation; however, PVSchools will be extremely busy with summer construction projects. During the 74 days of summer vacation, 40 schools and support sites are slated for various construction projects.
These projects are being funded with the 2015 voter-approved bond and would not have been possible if it weren’t for the continued support of our community. Thank you for supporting public education and the students of PVSchools!
Some of the projects will include:
- Sunrise Middle School’s cafeteria will receive a new walk-in cooler-freezer, a reconfigured restroom in the stage area that meets Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards, renovated locker rooms, and a renovated nurse’s station to create an ADA accessible water closet.
- Hidden Hills Elementary School will receive demolition and removal of existing cabinets, plumbing fixtures, lighting and existing flooring and replacement with new cabinets, plumbing fixtures, LED lighting, carpeting and polished concrete. Building A and the Multi-Purpose Room will receive new paint.
- Elementary schools, middle schools and high schools will receive new stage and Performing Arts Center curtains.
- Shadow Mountain High School, Shea Middle School and Desert Cove Elementary will receive new outdoor signage for the North Valley Arts Academies.
- Other projects include new generators, mechanical upgrades, flooring updates, fire alarm and security updates, roofing repairs, interior paintings, card readers/ID badge updates, PA systems upgrades, restroom upgrades and concrete work.
While summer construction projects are exciting and expectations are raised, inconveniences can occur. Even with a well-choreographed plan, issues arise during these projects that can affect the outcomes. The Facilities Department does their best, but with an ambitious schedule, the patience of the staff at the various sites has always helped them achieve their goals.